Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Library Pockets




I have been seeing a ton of great ideas on Pinterest that are centered around library pockets. I thought I would show you what I have done with the ones in my classroom!

I purchased some super-cute pockets from Creative Teaching Press last summer. I then laminated them and used a craft knife to slice them open along the top.



Next, I added the classroom jobs that I purchased from Tricia Lyday on TPT. They are adorable! Check them out here.



The last thing I did was put pictures of my students on popsicle sticks. 



Sometimes they share a job and sometimes they do it all by themselves. The sticks are rotated each week. The best part is that once a student has learned how to do a job, they train the next person. Truth be told... I used to just have a "Star of the Week" and that student was my helper. I thought it was easier that way. The kids love this new system and they check to see what their jobs are right away when they come to school! I love my new job chart and won't go back!

I would love to hear about how you organize and manage classroom jobs. Leave a comment letting me know what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment