Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Alphabet FREEBIE!

One of my favorite things to do with my students at the beginning of the year is to create an alphabet line. Obviously, we have one in our classroom - but students don't have one at home to refer to while reading and writing. I LOVE knowing that every child has one and I've had many students and parents comment that they are still hanging up in their bedrooms a year or two later!

For years I always used one that I found in an old teacher resource book, but it wasn't very "cute" and I'm all about "cute!" I decided to create a simple black and white pattern for the students to use to create their own. They can color it however they want, but it is also a good chance for me to start the discussion on how to color neatly and appropriately. Blue apples and a purple sun are fun, but are they real?! 

There are also spaces for the children to make a number line. The numbers are listed and I have the students use small stamps to add the correct number to each box. This is usually one of their first times using stamps in class so I need to go over the procedures and do a lot of modeling beforehand. 


Click here to get a FREE copy!


I hope that you will enjoy these in your classroom! I would love to hear from you. What types of activities do you like to do with your students the first week of school? 





Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

2 comments:

  1. I love your freebie! Thanks :) Love your blog too. I am a new follower.
    Preschool Wonders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lola! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the Alphabet Line!

      Delete