Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Rockin' in Our School Shoes



Wait a minute... what's this? A blog post? I know, it has been a long time! I should be in bed, but I just HAD to share a few pictures of a book that we made in class.

My students absolutely adore Pete the Cat. My kinders all want to read the Pete the Cat books when we have quiet reading time.



This summer I saw the coolest idea on Pinterest where a teacher took pictures of the kids shoes on the first day of school and made a school shoe book for their classroom library. I really wanted to do this, so I took pictures on the second day of school and then I assembled them into this adorable book!



This is what the inside looks like. Each page has a 4x6 laminated picture of the child's shoes taped onto the center of the page. I used clear packing tape and only taped along the top edge. 


The children look at the shoes and guess who they belong to. 
Then they can lift up the flap and see a picture of the person wearing their shoes. I printed the photos of the students to be just under 4 inches tall. It amazed me that some of the students knew right away who every pair of shoes belonged to. 


I did my best to take pictures of the book, but the reflection from the lights and flash were terrible. Hopefully you can see the basics of what the book is about. 

So now that I have told you all about the book, I want to share part of it with you. I'm offering a freebie of the cover and inside pages to be turned into a book for your classroom! 
If you make a book, I'd love to see it! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment